Meditation is a mind and body practice that has a history of use for increasing calmness and physical relaxation, improving psychological balance, coping with illness, and enhancing overall health and well-being. Mind and body practices focus on the interactions among the brain, mind, body, and behavior. Meditation affects the body in exactly the opposite ways that stress does—by triggering the body’s relaxation response. It restores the body to a calm state, helping the body repair itself and preventing new damage from the physical effects of stress.
- Mantra meditation: – Mantra meditation is a meditation approach that uses the repetition of phrases (mantras) to promote focus and intention.
- Transcendental meditation: – Transcendental Meditation (TM) refers to a specific form of silent meditation and the organizations that constitute the Transcendental Meditation movement.
- Progressive relaxation: – Progressive muscle relaxation is a relaxation technique that helps you releases the tension you are holding in your body and feel more relaxed and calm. It is a relaxation technique that reduces stress and anxiety.
- Cyclic Meditation: – It is a technique of stimulating and relaxing the body that combines yoga postures along with the relaxation techniques. It means to stimulate and awaken the sleeping mind, calm down the distractions and stay in steadiness without disturbing it.
- Trataka Meditation: – Trataka/gazing meditation is a concentration exercise involving gazing of an object or point without blinking than closing the eyes and continuing to hold the visual of object in the centre of your eyebrows i.e. ajna chakra.
- Pranic Energisation Technique: – It is the advanced practice of yoga which uses prana/vital energy to energize the whole body. This technique purifies the subtle channels of prana, bringing the balance in “pranamaya kosha”.
- Mind Sound Resonance Technique: – It is also one of the advanced practices of yoga technique that uses mantra/sounds to generate resonance, which mainly works through “manomaya kosha” to induce deeper relaxation of body and mind.
- Yoga Nidra: – Yoga Nidra is often referred to as yogic sleep/conscious sleeping, a paradoxical state of being between sleep and consciousness that is conducive to deep emotional and physical healing, rewiring your brain and self-exploration.
- Twin Heart Meditation: – Twin heart meditation is like taking a spiritual shower, to cleanse your aura and chakras by disintegrating the unwanted emotions and thought forms out of your system.
- Sohum Meditation: – Sohum is a breathing mantra “So” is the sound of inhalation and “Ham” that of exhalation.Soham meditation shall help you connect to an endless source of energy capable of re-establishing your internal balance, to heal you physically and to direct your life giving a meaning to everything that is happening around and inside you.